The Importance Of Human Sexuality
And Its Proper Expression In The Kingdom Of God
July 1, 2006
God created sexuality. It is His idea. So,
obviously, the proper modes of expressing sexuality should be in line with the
dictates of God the Creator. Sexuality is a wonderful aspect of life that
God intends to fulfill many dynamics of life such as unity of marriage,
offspring, pleasure, communication and so much more. However, when God's
designed way of sex is violated it is evidenced by great and far reaching
damaging effects. This is why this
discussion is so imperative--because it actually can lead to life or death.
In the beginning, God made man in His own image and likeness. He blessed him and gave him many things to enjoy in the garden of paradise. But, God saw that there was something lacking. Man needed a companion--a 'help meet'. So, God put the first man Adam asleep and took from his own side a 'rib' and built a (gorgeous) woman called Eve. God saw that His creation was now 'very good'. He blessed His creation and gave Adam and Eve the order to be fruitful and multiply.
It is important to discuss the beginning because this is where we find God's order and principle. Adam and Eve were one. Out of their unity produced all living humans both male and female. God instructed that man and his woman were to be married and remain one. Sexual union was to be between a man and his wife.
Pertaining To The Kingdom Of God
The Apostle Paul made it pointedly clear regarding sexual expression for professing believers in Jesus Christ. The scripture declares that “marriage is honorable and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.” (Hebrews 10:4) Upon entrance in the Kingdom of God complete avoidance of the sins of the flesh are ordered. Paul had said "let no one deceive you with enticing words that they which do such things shall not enter the Kingdom of God and have no inheritance with Christ and God". (paraphrasing Ephesians 5:1-6) Fornication and adultery are unacceptable behaviors for those who walk in the spirit in the Kingdom of God.
I urge people to examine themselves now and make adjustments with their lifestyles while they still can. (2Corinthians 13:5) The day will come when it is too late. According to Jesus, many will be shocked that they are on the outside of the Kingdom looking in. Many will think they were serving God due to things they had done in His name. However, the Lord will say, "I never knew you. Depart from me all you who do iniquity." (Matthew 7:21-23) "There will be weeping and *gnashing of teeth”. (Matthew 25:30 *literal)
God has the solution for controlling sexual appetite. He would never make commands that were impossible to follow. Follow Jesus. Repent, believe on Jesus Christ, receive the Holy Spirit, allow your life the transforming power of the cross, yield to righteousness, and meditate on the Word of God. Remember, Jesus said be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect. (Matthew 5:48)
I recently spoke with a godly woman regarding a dream the Lord had given her about the “church”. I believe the dream is from God and I will tell you about it because it contrasts the biblical depiction of Christ and His Church the Bride—with the unclean Harlot, which is of the world.
It is hard for the culture in the United States to relate to the scriptural mandate of purity. However, what Christ is looking for is likened to a Bride that is pure, holy, and separate without blemish, spot, wrinkle or any such thing. And of course, she is a virgin! That means she has kept herself for her love to join in holy union.
Again, the cultures today have been greatly influenced by harlotry. Years ago, cultures raised their daughters to look forward to the day when they would get married, have children and offer themselves to their husband. Similarly, with young men. They were brought up to learn responsibility and character with the expectation to marry a wife, govern a household and have children. The men also would give their body to their wife and share the ecstatic bliss of marital pleasure only shared with their spouse. This was God’s original plan and ideal.
A portion of the woman’s dream: As she walked through a “mega-church” setting she decided to look for the restroom. She couldn’t find one at first but saw some unmarked doors. Upon entering she realized that the same bathroom was for men and women and everyone was naked. It was the “custom”. She was disgusted and freaked out at the same time. Her clothing changed into a ‘workman’s winter coat’ that was zipped up and it came almost to her knees. She looked for the stalls for the toilets and discovered that there were only three and none of them had doors. The room was filled with hot tubs and similar bathing facilities in a very large area of the room. Everyone was naked but she would not look up at anyone. She realized that she herself was naked underneath her workman’s coat, but recognized that her own nakedness was covered by it. She had the ability in the dream to navigate back toward the door without having to look upon anyone. Upon leaving the room she noted that the three stalls without doors were being used and she chose not to wait, having the urgent need to get out of there!
I am convinced in the LORD that this dream reflects the truth that God sees what is going on behind closed doors. His eyes see. His eyelids try. The LORD sees the shame of the nakedness and He is about to uncover it before all. The LORD is angry because the leaders of the “churches” don’t address the sexual inappropriateness and immorality of the masses. They ignore it. They wink with the eye and shuffle with the feet. This is condemned by God! God is calling for purity and repentance from this type of shameful defilement.
(See Isaiah 3 Note: verses 16-26)
Plainly, God calls for fidelity in marriage and chastity
Personally, I am celibate. I am not married and I don't have sex outside marriage--period. This is what God requires. I have lived this way throughout my walk with God for many years-- and many would probably blush if they knew how many years I've had to live celibate. Let me be very clear--I have nothing to glory in. I am just an unprofitable servant being obedient--that's how I view this.
"How do you live celibate?" I will tell you because it is so important to you and those you may know who need help. I am referring to celibacy for normal healthy people that do not practice sexuality outside marriage. Celibacy does not indicate one suffers from some physical or mental malady. It rather indicates simple obedience to the Lord in His commandments. These are the ones who ‘keep themselves unto their Lord’. Isn't this what the Lord requires? Yes.
The sad truth is that the 'christian religious world' is full of fornication. Just like the world. If you can't tell this through the Holy Spirit showing you, perhaps the statistics that are readily available will confirm this fact to you. The point is that the church world does not address this because it itself is controlled by these lusts. Christ is standing on the outside knocking on the door.
God's Solution For Life
1. Recognize that you can be set free from sin. That you can live a new life in Christ. That He indeed lives in you. Yield yourself to the
Spirit of God. Don't make provisions to the flesh to live after the flesh. Get married and enjoy the blessings that God has ordained with
2. Rely on the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 6)
3. Gird the loins of your mind. Don't allow or put ridiculous things into your mind that will have an obvious negative temptation. Associate with that which is holy. Channel your sexual being into that which is ordained by God--marriage. If you are not married yet, look forward to it. Put your sexual expression into the future. You can do it. Really. God demands it.
4. Meditate on the Word of God daily. "Thy Word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee" (Psalms 119:11) "I am purposed in my heart not to sin against thee". "How shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to thy Word." (Psalms 119:9) Meditate on the positive of what God has ordained for sexuality. Meditate as well on what God has shown regarding fornication and adultery. Realize how evil it is
and damaging. It leads to death. "He that fornicates sins against his own body". (1Corinthians 6:13-20)
5. The body and the spirit are God's--Not yours! Glorify God by yielding your body and whole being to that which glorifies Him. You can not join your body to someone who is not your covenant partner. You just can't!
6. Make a decision today to live right before God. Trust in Him to keep you. You aren't to be a slave to sexuality or its dynamics. Yes, God created you. He created you to be sexual and have interest and desire for sexual expression. There is nothing wrong with being attracted to the opposite sex. There is nothing wrong with finding someone beautiful. Understand that "lust" and covetousness are the desire to take that, which is not yours rightfully. That's why Jesus said that if you have lusted in your heart you have already committed the sin of adultery. Of course. If you are thinking 'I would if I could' that is the same as doing the sin. Don't do it. Live unto the Lord and look forward to Him bringing the right companion to you.
7. Realize the evil of fornication. If you are serving the LORD and your life is no longer your own, you want to be with the right person. Anyone who would lead you astray into forbidden sin is not looking out for your best interest. They are selfish. Realize that pornography is prostitution. Those who present their bodies in pornography are selling their sexuality for money and power. Think about it. This makes it very easy to avoid gazing upon this seducing technique. Why would anyone want to look upon a manipulative prostitute who leads astray? This is how you have to look at it. See the disgusting nature of the world for what it is. (There is more along this line but I will keep it to myself)
I share this topic because I am convinced that the multitudes in the 'christian religious world' are full of fornicators. Sorry. But that is the case. Many will never enter the Kingdom of God because of this sin. We live in a fornicating country the United States of America. She is drunk with the wrath of her fornication. There is nothing sacred to her. She sleeps with whomever she wants for the results she can get. She teaches whole nations to follow her pernicious ways. Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision says the LORD.
Keep this in mind. God is gracious and merciful and He forgives. Blessed is the man whom the LORD forgives and does not recognize his sin. (Psalms 32) All of us have sinned before God. (Romans 3:23; 6:19-23) But, God commands all men everywhere to repent. He is establishing His fear in the earth. It is time to get right with God now.
God even gave Jezebel a space to repent. (Revelation 2:20-23) She called herself a prophetess and taught to commit fornication. Think about that. She taught as well to eat things sacrificed to idols.
And, under the teachings of Moses, God realized that couples who were deeply in love and attracted to each other might happen to have sex. He didn't require death but He did require that couple get married.
So, if you are practicing sexuality outside God ordained marriage repent. Stop it today. Don't go another day and sell yourself for nothing. God will enable you through His mighty grace the transforming power necessary to live upright before Him. Yield to the LORD. Meditate on His Word. Make your commitments to keep your garments pure before the LORD. Trust the LORD day-to-day to keep you. He will.
The LORD bless and keep you!